Applying to a 4-Year College
You will need to submit:
- College Application (typically colleges prefer that you apply online)
- Transcript (you can send your own transcript through CFNC, request one from the guidance office, request that it be sent through SendEDU, or request that it be sent through Common App)
- SAT/ACT scores (must send at least one set of scores through www.collegeboard.org (SAT) or www.actstudent.org (ACT))
- Some colleges/universities do not require test scores to be apart of the admission process.
Colleges may also require:
- Letter(s) of Recommendation-Fill out the Recommendation Request Form and give to each person you ask to write a letter.
- Essay(s) or Personal Statement
- Additional Testing
Applying to a Community College:
- Community College Application (typically colleges prefer that you apply online)
- Transcript (can be sent through CFNC or you can request one from guidance to send via mail)
Seniors will meet in a large group assembly at the beginning of the year for advisement in starting the college application process. Each senior will receive their access to the Senior Canvas Course, which includes important information about the application process. Following this meeting, each senior will also meet with their school counselor for an individual appointment to discuss their college/career plans following high school. Students are highly encouraged to bring questions to this meeting.
Visiting a college campus?
If you are visiting a college please fill out the Campus Visit Score Card attached here and turn it into the attendance office when you return. You are allowed up to 2 excused absences for colleges visits.
Campus Visit Absence Approval Form
If you are not able to visit the college in person, check out this website for virtual campus tours!